In February we joined up with my 2 old roommates Alisa and Amy and their husbands and went night skiing up to Brighton. We had been trying to plan this for almost a year, but it never ended up working out for last winter because of my ridiculous wedding planning, so it got put off until this winter. We had so much fun. Alisa and Brian and Amy and Jordan were all on skis, but Ryan and I stuck to snowboarding. I'm still not very good because a lack a confidence in my snowboarding abilities after last year. The one time we tried to go last year after we got married, I ended up catching my edge on our first run down, falling on a very icy patch of snow and bruising my tailbone. This time I did a lot better, but had a hard time trying to keep up with some of the others on their skis.
After a great night of skiing and snowboarding we ended up going to the Porcupine Grill to get some amazing nachos and chat. We ended up only getting 2 orders of them for the 6 of us, which was a good thing because they were a big towering stack of them on each plate. We ended up not even finishing them entirely.
It was so good to visit and ski with two of my best friends and their hubbies. Sadly this may be the first and last time we are able to do this. Alisa and Brian are moving to Idaho after Brian graduates in April and Amy and Jordan are moving to Texas for the summer for Jordan's internship. I'm super sad that both of my friends are leaving Utah, but I guess that just gives Ry and I an excuse to take a few road trips to visit them. :)
Awww! We're gonna miss you guys too! :)
ReplyDelete