For my graduate program we have to pass a Praxis test before we can graduate and get certified. Well I had been dreading this test for a very long time. The Praxis is fair game to test you on anything you learned in any of my speech therapy undergraduate or graduate coursework. Luckily you only need a 600 which roughly equals a 60% to pass. The test is 120 questions and you have 120 minutes to complete the test. I hate timed tests because I feel so pressured to finish in time! I ordered a study book with some practice tests. I took one practice test first to see how much I knew on my own without studying and I ended up barely not passing. This made me pretty nervous though because this meant that I would have to put in some major studying time if I wanted to pass. I could always take the test again, but I didn't want to spend another $120 to take it. I studied a little here and there, but it was hard to find the motivation to study when I had to study for an online class, was working at my externship at the hospital 30+ hours a week, and working my job another day a week. I ended up having the day off before I had to take the Praxis, so I spent all day cramming as much as I possibly could. I studied a little more the morning of my test and then went to take it. My score popped up when I had finished the test and for a minute I forgot what I needed to pass. I was just expecting it to say PASSED or FAILED along with my score but it never did. Luckily I did pass. In fact I did a lot better than I had anticipated!
So to celebrate Ryan took me to one of my favorite restaurants to celebrate the next week... Benihana. We technically were celebrating 3 things - my birthday, passing the Praxis, and then Valentines day (because I was scheduled to work on Valentines day). It was so yummy! Ryan definitely knows how to spoil me! :)
Now I just have to finish this online class, finish this externship and my next externship and then I will be done. Well at least with school, then I have to put on my big girl pants and find a job.

No comments:
Post a Comment