As a small town girl from Southern Idaho, I was pretty nervous just moving to Provo which I thought was a big city. Now for my next leg of schooling I had to move to Salt Lake City which of course is only 30 minutes north of Provo, but very different and much bigger. I was so nervous to move to the big city, but I am so grateful that I had this wonderful man to help me become familiar with the "big" city.
About a week after I moved to Salt Lake Ryan's sister Sadie left on a mission. Just before she left, Ryan and his family invited me on their last family vacation before Sadie left. We went up to a cabin toward Park City for a few days and went boating. It was so much fun. This was the chance I really had to get to know Ryan's family and how wonderful they were and how much they love to play board games and card games (not to mention how competitive Ryan and his sisters can get). It was that trip that Ryan first hinted that he had been thinking of us getting married. If I remember correctly we were talking about Mariachi bands (I know kind of random) and I told him that I didn't care for them. That was when he said, "Does that mean we can't have a Mariachi band at our wedding reception?" Rather funny way to bring up marriage, but I was super excited that he did. :) Sadie left on her mission and before she did little did I know that Ryan had told her that she would most likely have a new sister-in-law when she got home from her mission.
I spent most of my time either at work or with Ryan for the last month before grad school started. I also took a trip with my parents to California to see my brother and sister-in-law. They were finding out the gender of their baby and we went down to celebrate with them. After their doctor's appointment they met my parents and my sis-in-law's family at a restaurant to reveal the gender. We had all taken bets on what we thought the gender would be. I had bet that it would be a girl and it turns out that they were having a boy. Which was a little bit of a relief to me, because I could not see my brother raising at little girl, at least not yet. Even those few days away that I spent with my family, I missed Ryan like crazy. Which I considered was a good thing.
Classes started for graduate school a couple of weeks later and I was petrified. I was happy to see that many people from my undergraduate program had made it into the U's program as well. I have to admit I was petrified when a girl from my undergraduate program who was one of the top of the class dropped out of the masters program after only a week. I felt like I was in over my head and was tempted to drop out myself, but after thinking of how much of a hassle it was to apply for the program it made more sense to just plug through it. I tried and worked my hardest in classes, but I frequently found myself thinking about when Ryan would propose. I knew it was coming and it was killing me not knowing when.

No comments:
Post a Comment