Saturday, October 18, 2014

Graduation Day

Wow it has really been forever since I have been on here. I had a girls weekend with one of my old roommates, Jayci, and I got chastised for not writing on my blog enough haha. So I am trying to better about it. Well let's go back almost 6 months to the time I graduated with my Masters Degree. 

I remember walking into my first day of class for graduate school thinking... "There is no way in heck am I ever going to survive this 21 month Masters program... do I really want to do this?" The next thing I knew I had survived my first semester (while planning my wedding must I remind) and my second as a newly-wedded lady. Before I knew it I was a mentor to a first year grad student and then off onto my externships for my last and final semester.

I have to admit that I felt more recognized for my undergraduate degree than this one. We got to sit on the floor in chairs next to the podium instead of in the audience with the undergraduates, but when I went up to get my diploma, I didn't even get to walk across a stage :( . They had 2 lines set up on either side of the stage and they just called names as people walked past the dean to pick up their case for their diploma. It was rather lame to be honest. For my undergrad I at least got to walk across a stage. Oh well, I'm finally done with grad school (well almost I have to finish my last few weeks at my externship first). 

Although I technically "walked" in May, because I wasn't finished my externship until the last week in May I didn't graduate until August 1st. That's ok, I still haven't found a job so I figure I will have a few weeks to have fun and play with no school or work to worry about. Right now I'm really wanting a medical job, but we will see where I actually end up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment